Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Kaleidoscope - Colourful tulip still life abstract Palette knife painting

Kaleidoscope - Colourful tulip still life abstract
Palette knife painting
40x40 (16x16") cm on 5 cm (2") box canvas
Painted on a black gesso ground
No frame needed as it can be hung without a frame.
Available for purchase 250€ int. shipping included


About this painting
This painting is a rework of a partly finished realistic tulip painting. I wanted an abstract feel, so I lost some of the original tulips (there were a lot of them) and made the remaining ones larger. But, they still looked a little too realistic and I felt myself tightening up with the painting.

Knowing that I would finish up with realism if I carried on, I took drastic action!. I got out a large palette knife and scraped over the whole surface to lose the definition. I was starting to like it better. I continued applying paint and scraping back in some places. I am now calling it done.
It certainly is colourful - an antidote to today's grey and rainy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...