Monday, January 13, 2014

Honesty and glass palette knife painting in oils

 Honesty and glass palette knife painting
18x24cm (approx 7"x10")
Archival canvas panel
I struggled with this painting. The vase and jug are semi opaque and I had difficulty in getting that across. It is hard when using opaque paints to give the illusion of transparency. I also found the background difficult and changed it a few times. Does this one work? The green jug is made of recycled glass and is not symmetrical. I painted it a couple of times, before I discovered it wasn't just my painting LOL! What do you think, should I make it symmetrical?

Here are some close-ups of the painting




This is painting is for day 13 of the 30 paintings in 30 days challenge hosted by Leslie Saeta. Pop over to my Joy of Colour blog to see the my other paintings in the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...