Friday, January 31, 2014

Poppy Trio Palette knife painting in oils

Poppy Trio Palette knife painting
20x20cm (8"x8") on box canvas
The sides of the canvas are painted black
No frame required
Day 24 of the 30 day challenge
Available for purchase in my Etsy Store
The thirty day challenge has now finished and I can relax a little.  I have been posting my paintings for the challenge on my daily painting blog as it has been too difficult to keep up with the two blogs. Over the next few days I will repost my flower paintings on this blog.
About this painting
This is an upcycled painting, also of poppies, that I sort of liked but it was a bit dark. I decided to redo the painting (the original one had 5 poppies which also made it a bit crowded). I first painted the highlights with cadmium yellow and then hit it with the red. The painting is now much brighter and livelier and has more impact.

Some close-ups of the knife work


Newsletter
I will be sending out my first today or tomorrow. Sign up for my newsletter or blog using the subscription boxes on the left hand column, and you will be entered into a draw for my Sunflowers miniature treasures painting. You have up until the 7th February to be in with a chance.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...